Thursday, April 26, 2007

Peet's and an Oakland PS





Peet's was a blast, even though it was a slow night we still sold many books and had great conversations with people. Some military people that have served in Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan and even Vietnam came out. One nice lady has her son over in the sand box for the 3rd deployment. She really had a great perspective on it. She said her son signed up and is proud to serve and she is proud to be his mom. When he goes to work it is just like going to work in Oakland. I guess that is bad for the people that live in Oakland, but what she meant is that life happens. It's hard on people, but a good attitude makes the difference. For me, I learn from everyone that stops to talk to me. Last night I learned that some people are poised and gentle at all times and I hope to be more like that. Some people have had intense military experiences and they are ok, it took time, but they are ok. My family came out and helped too, which was fantastic. I feel very grateful.

OOOOPS_ Bad to slam Oakland..... For the first time EVER, I have to be in Oakland in the morning for an appointment... and the bridge melts.... Arrgh- It's too early to take the Capital Corridor train, and impossible to get the BART. If you have ever been down there.... I 80 to 580 is the direct route, and it's melted! OK, sorry Bay Area! J

No comments: