Friday, May 04, 2007

Two Weeks Ago...

Two weeks ago my husband left once again. We have only been married for 8 months and he is once again gone. When I wrote my original piece for the book he was on his first Westpac Deployment and we were only engaged. This time we are married and have spent the last 7 1/2 months in complete bliss together while he attended C-School to become a Super Welder.

He left on April 19th to go to Japan. He will be there for 5 weeks of indoctrination and then he will be out for deployment once again, this time for 8 months. I'm home with my parents this time. I truly had no desire to be alone in Japan for that long. While I am excited to go eventually, it is something I want to experience with him.

I'm not as happy as I was last month, thats a given. But my family has made every effort to make me feel comfortable and at home. My parents even remodeled my room, which turned out beautiful. I'm grateful for everything they have done. Even my grandmother got me a teddy bear that is dressed as a sailor to be my stand in "Jay." She always thinks of something.

Right now all we have is email because he doesn't have an address. This will also make it impossible to send him a birthday gift which will be in a few weeks. It will also be his 3rd birthday away from home, and his 3rd summer away from me.

Although it isn't very positive, this is my update. This is where my life is right now.

2 comments:

Jes said...

Casey- All my love and support! What is his job out there? Keep us posted and post some pics..
Keep busy!
Stay focused on the positv e
don't let worry freeze you--
Talk to people who know about it-- JL

Anonymous said...

Hi Casey! I wish you all the love and support and best wishes you need to get you through this. Thank you SO much for sharing your story here. I look forward to hearing more from you when you're ready, should you desire.

You've come to the right place! Jes is simply awesome, very intuitive and knowledgeable. And you are helping educate women like me, who have never experienced what you have, and make us more aware. THANK YOU!